Maya and I had a wonderful event at Junkudo Book Store in Ikebukuro on September 15th, surrounded by so many listeners and friends who came to celebrate the publication of my newest book, 100 Songs You Need to Hear Before You Die.
Although ticket sales were a little slow at first, the event completely sold out in the last few days leading up to it. Typical Lazy Sunday fans—lazy, lazy, lazy. But they always show up at the last minute. lol
On the radio, you can certainly feel the response from the listeners, but you don’t actually get to see their reactions. Sitting in front of a live audience, I suddenly realized just how much people laugh whenever Maya cuts in to diss me. What a great partner.
Carving artist Yuko Uemura even brought me a watermelon with the cover of my book carved into it. Absolutely fantastic!
One comment I got from longtime listener Kubota was that I had forgotten about some of the great music from the American heartland—Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Bob Seger and others.
Oops.
Looks like I need to write another book...
Thanks so much to everyone who came, everyone who helped put the event together, and everyone who continues to support the book and Lazy Sunday. It was a really special day.
9月15日、池袋のジュンク堂書店で、Mayaと一緒に僕の新刊『死ぬまでに聴くべき100曲』の出版記念イベントを開催した。たくさんのリスナーや友人たちが集まってくれて、本当に楽しい時間になった。
最初はチケットの売れ行きがちょっとゆっくりで、「大丈夫かな?」なんて思っていたけれど、イベント直前の数日間で一気に完売。
さすがLazy Sundayのリスナー。Lazy、Lazy、Lazy……でも最後にはちゃんと来てくれる(笑)。
ラジオをやっていると、リスナーからの反応はもちろん感じる。でも、実際にみんながどんな顔をして、どこで笑っているのかを見る機会はなかなかない。
今回、目の前にお客さんがいるイベントをやってみて、改めて気づいたことがある。
Mayaが僕にツッコミを入れるたびに、みんな本当によく笑う(笑)。
いやあ、最高のパートナーだ。
そして、カービングアーティストの上村 裕子さんは、なんと僕の本の表紙を彫ったスイカまで持ってきてくれた。これは本当に素晴らしかった!
長年のリスナー、久保田さんからは、「Tom Petty、John Mellencamp、Bob Segerみたいなアメリカン・ハートランドの音楽が抜けてるよ」とのご指摘。
Oops……。
もう一冊、書かなくちゃいけないかな……(笑)。
来てくれた皆さん、イベントを手伝ってくれた皆さん、そしていつも本とLazy Sundayを応援してくれている皆さん、本当にありがとう。
とても楽しく、特別な一日になりました。
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿